Lori brought some cookies in today that she found on Pinterest that were very yummy!
Frito Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 1 dozen cookies.
from Christina Lane: www.DessertForTwo.com
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup Fritos corn chips, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour and baking powder on top and mix briefly just to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and Fritos evenly.
- Scoop 12 dough balls (make firm balls for the best cookie shape), and space evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
Softened butter is not room temperature. Softened butter has been sitting out at a room temperature for no more than an hour. You should be able to make your fingerprint in it. If your butter is too warm, the cookies spread too much while baking.