Lori brought some cookies in today that she found on Pinterest that were very yummy!
Frito Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 1 dozen cookies.
from Christina Lane: www.DessertForTwo.com
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup Fritos corn chips, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour and baking powder on top and mix briefly just to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and Fritos evenly.
- Scoop 12 dough balls (make firm balls for the best cookie shape), and space evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
Softened butter is not room temperature. Softened butter has been sitting out at a room temperature for no more than an hour. You should be able to make your fingerprint in it. If your butter is too warm, the cookies spread too much while baking.
I printed this off last week but haven’t made them yet. Hubby picked up a small bag of fritos for me today, but unfortunately they are they chili cheese type. May try using them anyway!
sounds good (sweet and savory) i’ll make a batch when it gets cooler. paul is back from fishing, didn’t catch many but enjoyed his time over there (fished and camped over by west okaboji) sure liked the cooler days we had, can’t wait until they come back. the quilt show in blue earth was really nice (darlene zimmerman was there with her quilts) next show in fairmont, i hope to get to that one too. city wide sales in casson, mn sept 7th, also lots of stuff going on in mantorville too that weekend.