I’m going to use today to answer all questions and comments in separate blog posts . Connie went to IKEA and I’m dog sitting so today seems like a good day to get caught up with my notes.
One more post about Mary Ellen Hopkins. In a previous comment Judy Linn wrote about working with MEH during those days of booking quilting seminars at big hotels and recently I was looking through one of my notebooks from a retreat in Las Vegas. I wrote down some of the comments from women passing by the ballroom where we were sewing and these comments are hilarious. Yes,these are comments from ladies like any of you who might have been vacationing at the casino where we were sewing. Judy – I hope you’re reading this because you, of all people, will appreciate this.
1. Are you repairing the upholstery?
2. Is this a fundraiser?
3. I see all this sewing going on – can you fix this strap?
4. Are you making draperies for the casino?
5. Is this for regular people?
6. I always wanted to make a quilt for my bedroom but I don’t think I’d do it this way!
7. Do you work for the hotel?
Honest to God, these are actual comments from the public. Many times at shows I would jot down questions and comments from the customers. Some were hilarious, some were insulting, some were very complimentary and some were just repeated time and again.
Thanks again, Mary Ellen – I had a super good time!