Happy New Year, Everybody! I’m going to make several secret resolutions – then if I fail nobody will know. Haha!
1. Dirty Dozen and Color Challenge – we will use January and February to get caught up. It’s winter, we’re stuck inside and we all have more than enough projects to finish. So no new Dirty Dozen numbers or new colors to work on for two months.
2. $5 Friday will start again this coming Friday, January 6. We will make a $5.00 pattern available to you on one condition – you include a SASE with your check or cash when ordering. This cuts down on my time filling orders which in turn keeps the cost low for you. You must tell me what you’re ordering. Send cash or check with you SASE to Country Threads, 2345 Palm Ave. Garner, IA. 50438.
3. You can always reach with me questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. My email is always listed on our home page under our photo. Before you email me, please read the comments – someone might already have asked that very question and the answer is in the comments.
4. Every New Years Day I start a new quilt and I have several in mind. I will post later what I decide on – it’s a new inspiration to get me enthused for the coming year of projects.
5. I’m going to concentrate on making rugs this winter. I have one half done waiting for me.
This is from our book Rugs From Rags which comes with a DVD for $20 including postage. I will write a more detailed post about these rugs which can be made with any fabric – old clothing, linens, wool, tshirt knits, even plastic grocery bags – which I personally have not tried but have been told. Someone mentioned this rug by the bed when I posted Color Parade recently. Anybody with me?
6. With winter weather ahead, I may be forced to go into the post office only twice a week. Bear with me.
7. That’s it from the farm. I took a sweet barn video last night but why, oh why, won’t WordPress let me post it – it’s very short so length is not the issue. The radio was playing 2001 Space Odyssey! We’ve come a long way, Baby!
Who watched college football last night? I’m still catching my breath!!
Picture taken on Christmas Day somewhere in South Dakota – Betty sent this to me. Unbelievable!!!