It’s finally here – Day 1 of the Bullseye quiltalong.
My blocks are smaller than yours – don’t worry – I’m going to do a small quilt this time.
1. Take one 9″ background square and one 8″ dark square.
2. Fold the dark square into fourths and finger press.
3. Cut a quarter circle freehand.
4. My circle is not perfect which is ok.
5. Place the circle on the right side of the background square and pin.
6. Reduce stitch length and start stitching 1/4″ from raw edge of circle.
7. Stitch all the way around the circle. Any thread color will do.
8. Flip block over and make a small snip through the background fabric only.
9. Carefully cut out the circle of background fabric leaving 1/4″ beyond stitching.
10. Lay the block and circle aside.
11. Repeat for all your blocks.
I’ll give you two weeks to complete Step 1.
Questions asked in the comment section will be answered in the comment section. If you asked a question, don’t forget to look there for my answer.
Remember – this is fun because it’s not exact, it’s not fussy and it’s not a Baltimore Album quilt! Smile!