You know that old saying, “When it rains it pours!” – everybody knows that. Well, we are living it right now. After a trip to the heart doctor in Mason City, Rick is now scheduled for cardioversion on March 10th – his birthday!! If that doesn’t solve his heart rhythm he will have an ablation (cauterizing the troublesome nerves around his heart) and if that doesn’t work he’ll get a pacemaker. We also return to Mayo on Monday the 14th to check the ankle ulcer.
I hardly slept last night so when we got home today about noon I had a nap in my chair – I tell you that so that you know I know when it’s time to rest. Haha! You guys worry about me too much.
I am finishing up the February orders and I have just a couple comments:
1. Thank you for including an address label for me to use!
2. I have said this so many times – please tell me what you’re ordering because if I receive a check for $15 how do I know which three patterns you want? Right now I’m holding a check from J.W. in Grundy Center without instructions.
3. We’re going to take a couple weeks’ break while I find some other $5 patterns I think you might be interested in. Use this time to sew up the easy quilts you have new patterns for while we remake the patterns in current fabric.
4. Connie is home from her month in Florida and she will be getting ready for the sale in April. I will also be marking fabric and some antiques – we both have lots of wooden chairs!
5. I’m going to use my sailboat shirt fabric for one of the next $5 patterns – do you have a shirt you’d like to use?
6. I haven’t forgotten we’re going to post the directions for the wool pincushions.
This quilting, farm, animal, gardening blog can never be duplicated! I feel comfortable saying that because Janet included extra money with her order to put towards batteries for the rat trap!!!!! I love it! And this is why we are unique!
So many of you included a little note to me with your order saying you have never commented and are not brave enough to do so. Okay – now we are among friends – we are more alike than different and the. Moments are what make this blog fun – especially for me! We know people by their names and locations such as Jo in Wyoming (Jo – how are you feeling? Do you feel well enough to update us?) Betty in Rapid City who is a wealth of common sense. Marsha in Kansas, Diane in Wisconsin, Sue in Oregon and Sue in Texas, Diane and Squeak in Ohio – I could go on and on!!! Please get brave and leave a comment – we want to know you!
It’s time to do the chores and enjoy homemade soup and garlic bread that our friend Nancy brought last night. And then I hope to spend the evening sewing and watching Big Sky which I forgot last week – doesn’t sound too exciting but calm and normal is good. What are you going to do tonight?